AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmed Through the 80's
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

NE Ridger
Posted 3/4/2016 16:21 (#5155233 - in reply to #5154352)
Subject: RE: Farmed Through the 80's

EC Nebraska
ahay68979 - 3/4/2016 08:01

I was just a kid in the 80s. I remember the sales, the problems. It wasn't easy for anyone. Some made it some didn't. Idk if this time will be any different.

What I get tired of on here are the people who are cocky and think that it couldn't happen to them and that they are glad to see someone go down, cause it gives them a easy chance instead of taking a chance like someone else did.

What I also know of the guys who didn't make it thru the 80s or late 90s early 2000s. They aren't the same they are a broken down and have that lost look and feeling. Maybe they expanded wrong time, got too pushy etc, idk all the details nobody does. But idk of a single one that didn't put all their heart into what they were doing, maybe made mistakes, hell we all do, nobody's perfect even though a few on here like to think they are. I understand its a business but its different then just a job like in town, you don't just quit and find another job. Cause you actually put your whole heart and life into it, you just don't leave everyday and come back the next.

My Grandpa farmed through the 1930's, and he said the ones he really felt sorry for were the guys that almost made it through. The ones that went under early were lost causes, poor managers or really bad timing or whatever, and they might not have lasted much longer anyway. But the guys that almost made it had done things right and poured everything into it, and just couldn't quite survive the last couple years.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)