AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Consumer $$$$ and energy...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

OldMcdonald
Posted 1/28/2016 17:30 (#5070451 - in reply to #5069950)
Subject: Ok.

Napanee, Ontario
This is a bit off topic of the OP but it's something I want to address because I can feel the undercurrent in some of the posts lately towards this end, and I want to address it.

"That, as opposed to someone who is going on about what "should be." "

I feel like that is directed towards posters like myself and others, maybe John. And even though I Havnt posted that much here lately since yester-year, I have made many posts 'going on' about what should be.

So I'll wear it.
But let me tell you a little something about the 'should be' posters perspective cfdr.

This is a story we probably all know. Back in the early 2000's, many people were getting 20-30%, sometimes more, year over year returns on their homes. Guys were buying a place, waiting sometimes no later than a few months to a year, and then refinancing the double digit equity return to speculate on another. People were getting fast and outsized returns on real estate all of the sudden, an industry that for decades was a slow and stable appreciating market.

Some 'should be' guys stepped out, and said "hey, this isn't right, it shouldn't be like this. There are a lot of problems with what's happening here."

This voice of minority was stifled, ignored and brushed off by most of the crowd and people that didn't want to hear what "should be".

We all know how it ended up. What "should be" ended up being what "should be". Have you seen or read the title The Big Short?

Yea, those were some 'should be' guys.

Anyways, nothing personal, just know that some people think things should be a lot different than the way things are. Sometimes it's a losing fight for a long time, maybe indefinitely, but saying something should be a certain way doesn't mean one has ignorance of the way things are. In fact, it's knowing how things are, and all the problems with those conditions, that gives rise to forming someone's perspective of saying "hey this isn't right, it should be different".
Regards.

Edited by OldMcdonald 1/28/2016 17:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)