AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Billing Issue - Shop Supplies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farmerbk
Posted 1/4/2016 21:26 (#5011440 - in reply to #5011354)
Subject: what you find the breakdown will be interesting

Seymour, IL
Josh
I realize you do not have any control over the posted rate, but some of us remember when it was broken down by percentage.
I remember when it was broken roughly 1/3, 1/3, 1/3
The take was split between the technician, the shop, and the dealership; plus parts and markup

then the rate was changed to 25, 25. 25. and 25...but I never understood where the other 25% went to...was there a charge to cover for parts, management, or something else

I have no idea how the rate splits now, but it seems relevant as 'disposable supplies' such as you mention should be able to be covered out of overhead. If it is a big enough to document use (to use your transmission example) then it is big enough to bill. Would you be willing to let a customer carry in their own disposables to avoid this charge? If it bothers them enough, would this not be a way to deal with it?

I get the overhead it costs to run a business. All of us are in that boat. Break out what the real charges are, and maybe it is easier for all to accept. For example, I have looked at numerous building contractor quotes, and they clearly list their 10/10 for the overhead and profit.

Hope this helps
Bryon
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)