AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

remote control via ethernet.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

mdshannon
Posted 9/16/2015 20:58 (#4792703 - in reply to #4791474)
Subject: RE: remote control via ethernet.

The Thumb
I have a couple different setups as I was saying for the garage door openers I directly hit the Arduino acting as a web server, but it doesn't post any data just clicks a relay.
For my more complicated setups what I do is we have our own web server, I just have a managed hosting server that I use for ours. And so on that server I have an update page that the Arduino will actually call every minute or so to post some data to the server say if it was for a dryer controller it would have like plenum_temp=180&load_auger=1&discarge_rate=50 or whatever and that page would take that post data and save it in a database, then you from your computer or smartphone or whatever you could go to a get data page and that would read the latest data from the database and show it to you, and on that page you could also have controlls to say change the plenum temp so then you could have a file or another place in the database you could store that change so the next time the Arduino posts some data the server can then respond with some data and in that data you can have change_plenum_temp=200 and the Arduino would do read that response and change whatever values that you changed on the web.
I have never actually done this with a dryer controller, but I started designing one but ended up buying a new dryer with a DM510 on it so probably not necessary, but I did make a water tanker controller that was pretty similar and would allow you to fill the front or back and could send you a text when it got full or you could tell it to add however many gallons you wanted.
I find it much easier to have the Arduino call the server than the server call the Arduino it avoids the dynamic ip address problem and the port forwarding problems of the Arduino acting as a server.
Mike
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)