AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

remote control via ethernet.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

WildBuckwheat
Posted 9/20/2015 14:53 (#4799202 - in reply to #4788720)
Subject: RE: remote control via ethernet.

Middlesex County, Ontario
mdshannon - 9/14/2015 15:40

Short answer yes, its very do-able, I have a couple relays setup as door opener's for our shed doors around so I can open them from our iPhones. I have them setup to only be accessible from the local network for security purposes but you could have them open to the internet, and I have had a project in the past which i used a non-invasive current sensor to sense when a motor was on or not and you could easily post that to a webpage.

Mike

Is that the exact current sensor that you used Mike? I want to monitor some feed motors in a barn that run a few times an hour, I'd like a notification if they haven't run at all for x amount of time with a basic arduino/ethernet setup. I'm a little hesitant to use the linked current sensors because they don't have a built in load resistor. If that sensor accidentally unplugs from your board (and load resistor) wouldn't the sensor essentially become an ideal current source and arc, burning down your barn in the process? I haven't been able to find any non-invasive type current sensors that have a built in load resistor. I don't necessarily need a clamp type as I want to monitor the motors from the breaker box end, so I can just unhook wires and run them through a donut type sensor.

Edited by WildBuckwheat 9/20/2015 14:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)