AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wife lost iPhone- Find my phone saves the day
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 3/2/2015 13:43 (#4425489 - in reply to #4425456)
Subject: RE: Wife lost iPhone- Find my phone saves the day

Von WC Ohio - 3/2/2015 10:28

Not necessarily wanting to hide just wanting to be left alone and not having a device monitoring where I'm at 24-7-365. By nature a cell phone cannot be secure as it needs a location and account to know which cell towers to hand off to which may change as you travel. 

The real issue is all these leaking apps that tie into all your personal info stored on a phone whether it's names, phone numbers, credit card info (Apple pay) etc. How many read all the terms of these apps or look at them instead of just selecting ok to agree to the term and conditions. How many learn about each one and look at what info it wants and actually understand all the various options. There have been many reports of back doors and hidden options that take over a phones limited security.

The real threat is a change in laws.

Something that is legal today is not tomorrow and they have proof that whatever you did is against the law.

Say you went

A) To the local gun store or show to browse ......................now your on a watch list as someone that believes in 2A

B) You went to a certain church on Sunday.........................now your being watched for having certain unpopular religious views

C) You went to some political rally...............................now your being watched because of your political views

D) You ate at McDonalds. ..........................this is the biggest one your singled out for health ins. prem. increases because of     where you eat.

See the same thing on FB where people check in everywhere they go. Broadcasting where you are all the time is a bad idea in my notion.  

Not condemning anyones free choices if your okay with all of this that is fine just don't expect everyone to follow along blindly without questioning the motives.

My 2¢

So many times I have friends tell me how they wish they were born 20 years later so they would be all up on the latest tech etc. I respond how glad I am to have been born when I was, or wish even earlier. They cant believe it. Why would I not wish to have had so much cool stuff when I was young? I tell them I had even cooler stuff when I was young. Freedom, anonymity, and the ability to think about what to do next. Those were some cool things to have IMO.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)