AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wife lost iPhone- Find my phone saves the day
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/2/2015 09:42 (#4424966 - in reply to #4424929)
Subject: RE: Wife lost iPhone- Find my phone saves the day

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I had read about this but forgot about it. I just downloaded the app to my phone and an iPad in the household. They have different Apple ID's. On the iPhone I asked it to look for itself and it showed the correct location.

On the iPad I had to sign in with the iPhone's Apple ID and the correct password for that account. The iPad correctly showed that the iPhone was at home in the house.

Later edit: I tried the website and it came up but only a twisting compass rose was shown. I then turned on iCloud on the iPhone and tried again. This time it was successful and showed the location of the iPhone on the desktop computer. The location was off slightly and showed that the iPhone was on a road which is close to me but not in my house. I actually do travel that road quite frequently, driving machinery to some of our land. Had I actually lost the phone in the house, the website would have led me astray in this instance.

It seemed to work (although possible crippled) when iCloud was off on the iPhone but on on the iPad. The location was much more exact on the iPad.

This puzzles me as the location in either case should have been coming from the "lost" iPhone. In one case it was found with the iPad and the Apple App, in the other case it was found with Apple's website. I tried the website again. The results were the same, the system worked but again showed the iPhone on the gravel road where the iPad was again very close to the actual location.

Edited by tedbear 3/2/2015 10:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)