AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Alright guys. Now I would like advise.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 7/26/2014 16:51 (#3987109 - in reply to #3984295)
Subject: RE: Alright guys. Now I would like advise.

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa
Feeder - 7/24/2014 20:59Wife wants to go on a vacation. We just went to Omaha last summer (first time gone in 4 years). She wants to go for a couple days next week. Not that busy here and got good help to take care of the cattle. Just don't want to go. She was raised going every year, I was raised only going once when I was in my early teens. Don't see the hurry to leave home. Damn if I didn't like it here I'd leave. Am I being a stick in the mudd? Don't feel the need to see the whole world like some do.
I'm gonna guess that you'd never be so cruel as to say out loud to your wife what you're saying to her non-verbally now. You're simply telling her that you don't give a damn what she wants, that your wants and comfort level are way more important than hers. I don't know a thing about you or your wife or your lifestyle, but I doubt that she always wants to do all the things she does every day: laundry, meal planning, cooking, dishes, bookwork, full-time or part-time job, housework, dealing with sick kids. How would you feel if you were away from your farm and no one would let you go back home? If she wants to get away for a bit, it feels just the same......you can't go home/she can't be anywhere else. Think it thru......you married her because she was important to you and you couldn't see your life without her. Keep treating her the way this post reads, and you could do more damage to your relationship than you can easily fix.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)