AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Repair costs. Personal pickup vs. commercial truck?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ronm
Posted 4/25/2014 10:11 (#3835546 - in reply to #3834899)
Subject: RE: Repair costs. Personal pickup vs. commercial truck?

Fruita CO
Don't know about Oregon, but here in Coloradofornia, once you get above a 1-ton, things get weird...license, insurance, everything costs way more... I've thought several times about going back to a 3/4 or 1-ton service truck...the F600 hauls a lot of crap & the Autocrane is nice, but it's a whole different world once you get "In the trucking business"...I get calls from some chick wanting to handle all my "permits, DOT, authorities, yada yada"...plus, don't even ask about the portable scales CDOT throws up at random around here...they will ALWAYS find something to hassle you about...DOT numbers, business name on the door, one marker light out, annual inspection, w/the window sticker of course...where in a pickup you can just cruise on through.
I have a neighbor in the welding/backhoe/steel building/you name it business that just puts "NOT FOR HIRE" on all his trucks, but he's gonna get nailed one of these days. I tried to register the F600 as a farm truck, since all I do basically is run around farms & fix equipment, but that didn't fly with the nice lady at the county clerk's office...:)

Edited by ronm 4/25/2014 10:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)