AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****Weigh Ins For 8/16/15*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 8/16/2015 08:21 (#4735489)
Subject: *****Weigh Ins For 8/16/15*****

Good Sunday Morning. Hot, hot, and add in another hot and only a spiddle of rain yesterday, while in town only a few miles away they were close to an inch. Oh well, that will make me go in and mow my mom's lawn today. Have to get it ready for the realtor. She has decided to do this. Lots of work involved for sure. But there are 5 siblings so hope we all can pitch in. But mom is insisting on getting a moving company as she feels her kids are not up to moving big furniture. Now the thing is to convince her to move before the house sells because the units in the complex she wants to go to will fill up by fall. Much easier to move, after the big things have been moved as we find out how much space she will have for her things too.

OK, onto your life and how did the week go? So pleased to welcome Spectator (Kim) to the group. We need new ones as some of the ones that started back in January have fallen by the wayside. We started with 27 people and along the way picked up a few more and lost some too. Last week we still have 13 checking in and there are a few more that were either on vacation, or don't check in every week and that is fine. I am just shocked that this little group is still going. Trying to lose weight is hard, especially for the long haul. Life happens with work, and family stuff going on and dieting, or changing your eating lifestyle is hard. So easy to revert back to your old ways that got you to the larger size. Just like drug addiction, I think some of us, especially me, has a food addiction. For me there seems to be no middle ground, I am either in it, or I am not, and out of control. But having this group is helping me from completely reverting back to my old ways. So I want to thank each and every one of you for sticking with me and encouraging me. It really does help.

Last week before we left for our mini get-a-way, I didn't weigh in, but Dave did and he lost 2 pounds. So now Sunday rolls around and I really didn't want to weigh in again, but Dave gets on the scale and lost another 1.6 pounds, so he is on a roll. So I thought to myself, get your big butt on the scale and take your gain and get on with life. Don't ignore it as it won't go away. How many of us have done that, if we don't acknowledge the scale, we don't have to face that we feel we are a failure. So I was dreading what the numbers would say and I get on the scale and thinking I would have a five pound gain, was pleasantly surprised to see a .2 pound loss. I know it isn't much, but it made me feel better about myself and maybe will get busy again and lose some more. We can do this. We have some big losers in this group, lets look up to them and try to emulate them. Keep up the good work everyone. and have a good week.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)