AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wind farm haters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

40/20vision
Posted 4/26/2015 11:58 (#4538785)
Subject: Wind farm haters

NCIA
A few days ago there was a thread about the dislike for wind towers how they wreak your farm and so forth. Might have been on crop talk. A lot of negatives stated. I farm in two counties. One full of them the other just a few. Just got done figuring property taxes and they are half of what the county without all the windmills is charging. That's a positive. Most the county roads in this county have or will be concrete by end of year thanks to taxes the wind farm generates. That's a positive. We had some tile issues but with time and patience it gets fixed. Roads are nice to use, saves a lot of compaction beating across fields with manure speaders, grain trucks etc. As far as I know everybody here is pleased with things. Guys who didn't get a windmill but signed up get paid for their acres that are "in" the wind farm area. Plus every home in area gets $1000 a year. Not looking to start a fight I'm sure some wind farms make a mess of things without making it right. I know every wind farm is different I guess maybe we were blessed with a good one. Just thought I'd share that it is possible for it to be a good thing if done right.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)