AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Medication side effects
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Aussy Harold
Posted 1/14/2015 19:14 (#4312243)
Subject: Medication side effects

North East Wimmera district of Victoria.

G'day from Aussy!

Recently ticked over three score and ten, so some things not as good as 30 years ago!

Doc said about 12 months ago my blood pressure was 'a bit higher than desirable' and put me on 2.5mg of Coversyl, 1 dose a day.

Last winter [and its summer here now] I had a short burst of a 'flu  wog, which as usual only lasted several days. Don't have the anti flu injections, by the way.

Then noticed a little niggly cough occasionally, which friends said was the tail end of the flu - which "seemed to hang around for four or five weeks!"

That's now probably two months!  - then a friend said it may be a side effect from your medication, either blood pressure or cholesterol.

My sister is a retired pharmacist, so rang her. She said she also was on Coversyl, and has an annoying tickle cough same as me! Looked up side effects of Coversyl on Google, and sure enough 'dry cough' is listed as one of many possible side effects.

Question:  Anyone on NAT had similar experience, and changed off coversyl to get rid of an annoying dry cough?

Next question: How long  before the cough went, after quitting - and presumably changing to some other blood pressure reducing tablet.

Usually get good advice on here , so thanks in advance!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)