AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More to life than work post from below has this guy thinking....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Illini_88
Posted 8/20/2014 06:54 (#4027979)
Subject: More to life than work post from below has this guy thinking....

The below post got me thinking. I sometimes feel like I am in the same boat, working full-time and farming part-time at home, well no such thing as farming part time it feels like! I feel like I'm stretched thin between the work that pays the bills, and the work around the farm. I do have a very understanding wife, but I do not want to settle into a rut and regret it 5 years down the road. I pretty much use up all of my vacation for the farm, no debate that isn't fair to the wife and family in the future.

Being from an AG background it always seemed like an awesome idea to get a job in AG, which I currently have, since that is where my expertise and interests lie. As I am finding out, it is just hard to have enough time to fulfill the requirements at work and home around the farm while doing a quality job with both. As everyone always said, the busy times for both just seem to lay on top of each other.

So my question is what full-time job do some of you guys have that mesh well with trying to farm? Doing a search on this site I know this topic has been discussed before, just looking for some fresh insight.

Looking back I probably should have picked a different major than AG in college, but no point dwelling on the past. I'm not ready to get into the ultimatum of drop the full-time job or the farm, just seeing what has worked for some of the more experienced guys out there.

Thanks for the input!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)