AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

lawfarms badfarmer and others
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

8320farmer
Posted 7/27/2014 12:01 (#3988206)
Subject: lawfarms badfarmer and others

East central Indiana
First off I really enjoy most of you guys in put into the conversation on here. But especially Brad has been preaching lately that were all crazy and need to quit doing this and that and worry more about soil health.

I'm a big advocate of soil conservation and soil health. There's one commodity in our business we can't replace and that's our soil. but why do you guys keep trying to say you can do without certain things if your soil is healthy. I believe on some of our best ground our soil health is great. Fertility is where it needs to be ph is right its well drained. So why wouldn't I put a fungicide treatment on this ground. We've seen as much as 25 bushel advantage to spraying fungicide om beans. I disagree with some of the opinions that wheel tracks knock yields 1-2 bushel an acre. Frankly if we didn't have those wheel tracks we would be over ran with giant ragweed marestail and sometimes insects carrying our crop off.

Don't take this the wrong way. I agree with you but I also completely disagree. Keep up the good info but what your doing won't cut it in my area and maybe not in others.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)