AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need advice on negotiating with our own property insurance company.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tmrand
Posted 5/24/2018 09:28 (#6776449)
Subject: Need advice on negotiating with our own property insurance company.

Southeast Colorado
We have just barely begun dealing with this but my Mom is into the process quite a bit further. They are into a step where they are one by one trying to arrive at $ values for contents in her house and then eventually I'm sure it will turn into the debating on the value of her lost home as well. We are trying to farm so have not tackled much yet other than a couple of large pieces of machinery where they paid the full value with no hesitation.

To get to the meat of my question...........We probably have no choice but to work through the details of this mess but I can't help but wonder if we wouldn't be just better off turning stuff over to a professional.......attorney or otherwise?? We have different insurance companies but were affected by the same fire. We could just share the cost of the same professional working on both of our behalves. I'm busy planting crops so really don't look forward to bantering back and forth with someone who may not have my best interest at heart. Perhaps I'm leaping to a conclusion that isn't necessary but that's why I'm asking for opinions on here. I don't want to make my insurance company mad but maybe that's unrealistic on my part. Anyway.........Mom and my wife and I are kind of wading into the deep waters here and none of us swim that well. Thoughts??

EDIT: We are probably looking at claims totaling between $500k to $750k between the two of us if that makes any difference. We lost additional stuff that I know was not insured so I have no interest in pursuing any of that.

Edited by tmrand 5/24/2018 09:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)