AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Silo the movie. Disappointed.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Michael Stites
Posted 5/17/2021 09:53 (#9009663)
Subject: Silo the movie. Disappointed.

North Central Indiana
I watched the movie Silo last night. I was pretty disappointed. It definitely did not meet my expectations. I am a farmer but also a volunteer firefighter. If that exact scenario happened around here a would be so embarrassed to call myself a firefighter.
First off, if there are only two volunteers from New Hope fire department, it’s obvious it’s way to small and should have automatic aid with another fire department. Second, why did it take Fall Creek fire department so long to get there? Maybe it’s just a “here” thing but I can name 5 departments within 20 miles that have grain rescue tubes. The farthest one would only take 30 minutes to get here. Third, NEVER cut, mess with or tamper with the bin until the patient is secure. The Fall Creek fire department should have known that. Forth, there should have been a helicopter sitting there waiting for Cody when they got him out. We have flown people for a lot less trauma than that. Fifth, there should have been grain vacs, semis, skid steers, payloaders, and tractors sitting there waiting when they cut the bin. And finally, there is NO WAY those firefighters could have moved all that corn from around Cody after the avalanche. You have one chance and they pretty much blew it. Oh and the firefighters should have used things to step on to spread their weight out when working around Cody. Like milk crates or those plastic skids that you pile feed sacks on.

That is how I saw it. Maybe they didn’t have the budget to do all those things, but for a movie like this I’m sure you could have gotten lots of volunteers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)