AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planting into 6ft Rye (Need more advice!)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Beer money farms
Posted 5/14/2021 11:56 (#9004851 - in reply to #9004709)
Subject: RE: Planting into 6ft Rye (Need more advice!)

Almost god’s country
“Fringe acres of SD”. As long as it’s not bone dry I would plant and maybe try to spray, longer growing season down south would be awesome compared to here. We have went into 6” to 3-5’ rye. Row cleaners and possible cutting colter will help if equipped or maybe it’s your first time planting green- plant lush and green or dead, dry and brown- there is no in between. This will help you on wrapping issues and bearings will thank you and save a lot of headache. Saves moisture long season and slowly release nutrients late in year also seems to save us on some of our pre chemical plan and a pass later in the year, plant it green and can probably wait a week without a problem and just think added weed control. But I would check your special provisions for crop insurance to make sure there isn’t a rule against. We have to terminate rye before it heads- spray, hay, roll, graze just as long as no head on it. Just double check make sure beans aren’t up before spraying so you don’t accidentally kill beans with a pre emerge. That’s my experience and opinion
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)