AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planter liquid fertilizer manifolds
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ks55336
Posted 5/7/2021 10:41 (#8991999)
Subject: Planter liquid fertilizer manifolds

Sibley County, MN
What is everyone using for planter liquid fertilizer manifolds and have you found a good place to mount them on the planter? And is it really necessary to have the check valves on the row units?

I picked up a set of planter tanks for my recent planter build project and they came with a homemade manifold similar to the one shown in the photo. Just Teejet wet boom nozzle holders that are available almost everywhere and the check valve is right on the nozzle holder. What are others doing?

I had been running a Blumhardt manifold setup on my old planter, but they are prone to leaking, and the check valves are all inside the manifold. I ran 1 set of each on my planter this season and am thinking of building another set of the Teejet manifolds for next year, since I apply two liquid products when planting corn. One system applying 5 GPA and the other applying 15 GPA.

I am running a screen before the electric pumps, controlled by my Ag Leader Incommand 1200, and a regular sprayer nozzle screen in front of the orfice.
Even with the Blumhardt system, I have never plugged a row. I know most guys are running a redball or other flowmeter setup, but is it really necessary with the proper screens in the system?

Edited by ks55336 5/7/2021 11:16

(IMG_20210506_152238548 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_20210506_152238548 (full).jpg (125KB - 146 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)