AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Relay Wheat Herbicide Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

illinois1
Posted 5/7/2021 21:58 (#8993096 - in reply to #8991487)
Subject: RE: Relay Wheat Herbicide Question

Yeah I'm sort of kicking myself for not foreseeing this. From looking at labels last night I believe I could have added grass control into the program with the early pass I made. This would have solved a lot of issues. My other concern although the more I look at it is I only went with a couple of ounces of Dicamba I think I would have jumped that a little higher right now because the 2-4D has taken forever on the winter annuals. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that we had this cold weather I think the complication to this program is that 2-4D works fairly slow in this. Definitely adding things to the list for next year! I'm also going to make sure to spray next fall in order to have a clean field to start with. I will say that there doesn't seem to be any new flushes of weeds coming on so I think the residual is holding so far.

How are your beans coming along? I've noticed the typical unevenness of the drill in my emergence. The beans have been slow to come up, ones planted in the middle of April have caught up to these. I can see the value in having a planter in this scenario. It would also allow for later planting. I may look for a mounted planter for next year or if I don't at least make sure to turn the pressure up and go deeper with the beans to start with. I'm probably sitting at 80% emergence, I'm guessing the rest didn't get far enough in the ground. Time will tell (especially if I can get the grass handled).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)