AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Relay Wheat Herbicide Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Frisky3208
Posted 5/7/2021 05:33 (#8991487 - in reply to #8991257)
Subject: RE: Relay Wheat Herbicide Question

Heart of Ohio

I for one am disappointed to see that illinoi1, really thought you had a solid program down earlier. Maybe next year?
  An online chemical search has given Zidua as a possible early post application to wheat from spike up to 4th tiller, most grasses are listed as suppression, not control. Also pretty much promises some negative response in the wheat. I'd sure want to run this by a rep before trying, guessing wheat is to big anyway.
   We had planned on coming back with hooded sprayer all along, figuring Roundup and/or Liberty as possible option for the tougher broadleaves. So far, grasses are not an issue here. Numerous broadleaves are, so, Liberty it is. I have yet to come across a manufactured hooded sprayer that appealed to me, so ........
  My "hooded" sprayer is actually 18" drop tubes inside a 24" long and 30" wide ..... trash can, I've pop riveted 12" strips of plastic door curtains to bottom of that can for any ground contact flexibility, some real "shade tree" engineering here!! LOL. Haven't had an opportunity to try it out in the field yet, keeps raining, but appears it's going to work. Setting up to do 30 ft at a time on 60" centers for now, if that seems to work well, we'll go to 60' and 90' is possible but really doubt we can stay on target going that wide.
  Don't have pics yet but will post here once I do if you like.
 Good luck, and I'd be interested in hearing about what you come up with.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)