AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Guns - Does Anyone Remember..........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

gfd_703
Posted 5/6/2021 10:20 (#8990323 - in reply to #8989904)
Subject: RE: Guns - Does Anyone Remember..........

Tradition was to buy our Ag teacher a Christmas present every year. For Christmas 1979 I went to the local hardware during school and bought a Henry lever action for him at the age of 17. Brought it back to school and gave it to him at lunch in front of students and teachers. He carried it up and down the hall showing it off. Later that day he took the officers out back of the high school and across from the elementary to shoot at a target he placed on a neighbors tree. Nobody blinked an eye, no lock down, no melted snow flakes.

The same year we always had a little homecoming parade through town. Pulling a hay trailer with my truck loaded with seniors dressed as cowboys when we got to the bank we unloaded, firing blanks in the air, grabbed the bank president, forced him to open the bank, stole the bags of fake money, pulled the pin on the trailer leaving it sitting in the middle of the street and mad our get away. All staged and cleared with the bank and Chief of Police but completely unknown to the viewing public. No panties soiled or wadded that day either.

I miss those days, yes I do.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)