AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Help-Sprayer calibration/pressure issue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

robbertsfarms
Posted 5/3/2021 09:56 (#8984768)
Subject: Help-Sprayer calibration/pressure issue

SW Iowa
While it's raining out today and windy this week I'd like to try and figure out what is the problem with our sprayer. It is a 60' sprayer specialties with 5 section shutoffs ran by an Ag Leader Integra and hydraulic driven pump on our 7120 Case IH. The first issue we ran into was the flow cal value was still at 71 pulses/gal from running anhydrous in the fall so looking at the raven flow controller I was finally able to make out 1690 on the tag and divided it by 10 to get my flow cal value converted to Ag Leader. But we are still having way too much product leftover (100s of gallons) as we apply 20 gallons an acre with a 1000 gallon tank we should get roughly 50 acres. The biggest issue is I have to run over 7 mph to get the right rate but it still bounces around and if I drive under that speed it will immediately tell me that it is operating at minimum flow. But the pressure runs over 60 PSI to get 20 gallons an acre and according to the teejet table we should only have to run between 5-7 MPH to be at 40- 50 PSI as we are using 11004 nozzle tips (red ones). I know this could be a lot of issues but we have little support for ag leader or service shops experienced with sprayers. If any further information is needed I will surely try my best to supply it. Thanks to anyone who is able to pin down the problem or could lead me to someone who be able to help over the phone.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)