AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mortality per million in India
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

2TrakR
Posted 4/28/2021 21:56 (#8977820 - in reply to #8975826)
Subject: RE: Mortality per million in India

Saginaw Bay Area - Michigan
It's interesting.

When I was doing a little research to understand the "protesting farmers in India" last year, I had read about the severe lockdowns and related. At the same time, they were more sporadic or less controlled/organized in regards to their (India) handling of the events. Different culture, different set of living conditions, massively different populations (some areas similar to europe wealth/living conditions, some completely opposite).
For a little background on the farmer stuff: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–2021_Indian_farmers%27_protest

Ivor dismissed the lockdowns in his video, and while reading the comments he posted later on, it was clear that he did not feel the lockdowns were effectively enforced to be worth of consideration over the span of time being referenced. I'm not defending his position, just discussing it. I would say I disagree with his statement that there were no lockdowns as that implies zero, while he acknowledges that it was not zero. His research into lockdowns gives him some bias for his position. That video was regarding the public numbers/data and not the effectiveness of political policies, so I can see why he's being dismissive.

Showing the numbers that he did, well, they are the numbers that are out there (public data). Anything else is speculation and that's what he is illustrating for the current media hype... that it is, as he calls it "propaganda". There is so much to India's situation, that truth will probably be something none of us will know. Really, the point that is being missed is that regardless of good/bad happening "right now" in India, there is such a dearth of accurate information there is not much more than ZERO that we can learn from or apply to our situation.

Just like the protesting farmers, as from what I read, they were upset that they were going to get to compete or sell on the world market or at least not protected/comp'd by their government. It was one of those statements as I read it, I'm thinking, excellent, free market opportunities for them and then continue reading and realize their position was this was a bad thing for them. Of course that is the reported information, I have no first hand info to pull out the truth.

It's also interesting to look at the claim by some that the vaccine rollout in India is a major factor in driving covid infections as, they claim, recipients are at a much higher risk for the short period of time after the first shot and thus with significant infection in place, they are making themselves "more susceptible" for that brief window. Can't say either way, just an interesting perspective. In relation to this, here in MI with our dire/alarming/normal infection rates of recent weeks, we've not been shown anything to correlate higher rates of infection associated with recent vax recipients. Maybe that data is there and not being sensationalized, maybe it's just not there.
It sort of, but not really, ties into why the Feds did not "rush" a bunch more vax to MI when the big wave was being documented and our Gov asked for it. Even IF you got shots in arms, you are WEEKS before it would take effect and thus would do nothing to stop the wave. In fact, as the guy over on marketticker postulates, it could have made things significantly worse.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)