AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

IH 800 cyclo unequal seed use
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mhredman
Posted 5/5/2009 19:39 (#703949 - in reply to #703916)
Subject: RE: IH 800 cyclo unequal seed use

North Central Iowa
Check the alignment of your cutoff tires for the correct position to cover the holes to make sure the seeds are dropping out correctly. It is not uncommon to have them off just a little and have some of the seeds left in as they go buy the little rubber tires.

I usually run at least 10 ounces of pressure if not 12 ounces. There would be many broken hoppers if people actually thought it was psi and not ozs. per square inch, but we knew what ya meant.

Start at your drive tire on each side and make sure each side turns the same with the same amt of effort to turn the drum.

Also important is the manifold alignment with drum. Manual talks about this. If one side is way off the seeds may just be falling down into the drum and not into the manifold and not going out to the row units.

Hope this helps, and double check your sprockets and count those teeth for sure. Good Luck.

Your not planting in circles are you? One side will run faster than the other LOL

Like mentioned tire pressure is important. I run a 950 12 row and mine will be within a handfull from one hopper to the other.

I noticed you mention its been said that these planters will overpopulate, I had a 900 and it overpopulated but the 950 underpopulates.

Edited by mhredman 5/5/2009 19:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)