AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case IH SDX40--good/bad
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tiny42ND
Posted 5/5/2009 00:18 (#703300)
Subject: Case IH SDX40--good/bad

Hey guys, we just got a gently used SDX40 drill. We traded our 40ft. Concord air-seeder that we have had since the mid 90's. I want to see what you guys have had for experiences with these drills. I knew exactly what I could seed into and what to stay away from with our Concord, but with this new drill I haven't clue one. We bought it for seeding into last years corn stalks cause we didn't get anything worked last fall. The only bit of advise that I have was that if you get into mud DON'T lift up the gangs and try to get out. You will bury it. Just hold on and power through it. I guess the entire weight of the machine will not be spread across the whole rig, just on the main tires pushing them down into the mud. The other piece of advice is to not store it outside without un-folding it. Rain water will rest on the bearings, eventually making them go out.

I am really at a loss for info. I would like to know if this machine will let us get into the field earlier than our Concord has. How about on corners? Lift up to go thru corners or keep it down while making turn. We are really looking forward to getting this thing out into the field and making some dust. Thanks for the responses.

Oh, and by the way we will be pulling this drill with a 75C CAT. Neighbors have a similar setup and say that the 75C has just enough umph to pull this rig. Thank you for your time!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)