AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Follow Up to 'Would You Sell Ground'
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

cows-n-crops
Posted 4/10/2021 15:01 (#8944048)
Subject: Follow Up to 'Would You Sell Ground'

NEMO
Here's a link (if I did it correctly) to an earlier post about selling ground to buy ground closer to home.

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=987128&posts=5...

I appreciate all the comments and advice from NAT. Ground is so hard to come by and selling some was going to be the last resort.

We ended up buying the piece closer to home for way too much but hopefully won't have to sell much to make it work. Sold a 10 acre tree farm (only good for hunting) and have a neighbor that wants 30 acres to square up one of his farms. I wasn't expecting another round of CFAP so that really helps. The ground 10 miles away makes sense to keep and use to help pay for this new farm. We rent ground in the area 10 miles away so it's not like we weren't going to be over there at all.

This piece is 151 acres and 145ish tillable. We join it on the north and west sides and I have driven by it almost every day of my life. It has a center pivot on it and the water is from the second stage of the city lagoon. City pays to pump the water and also pays to make the pivot go around. Hard to put a price tag on that.

I've been truly Blessed and Thank the Lord every day for my family and the ability to farm. When my oldest son saw the sign on his way home from school the first day it was put up he was so excited and stated to his Mom 'Dad needs to buy that!'. When he told me about it I asked him 'Why do I need to buy that?' he replied 'Because it's right there and ties right in!'

(IMG_20210410_143418 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_20210410_143418 (full).jpg (77KB - 212 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)