AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LDL cholesterol and Alzheimers and other forms of dementia
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 3/31/2021 00:16 (#8925971 - in reply to #8925912)
Subject: RE: LDL cholesterol and Alzheimers and other forms of dementia

Pittsburg, Kansas
I think a big part of it is not so much that it is purposeful hidden as much as there are a lot of people that just do not admit that what we have been told so long has been wrong.

Nobody likes to be wrong. And if a person is a professional and has most of their entire carreer been telling people one thing, to admit that they have been wrong is very difficult.

Take the recomendation on saturated faat. The informtion and science has been there for quite a number of years now that saturated fat is not what causes heart problems. But the dietary and medical community has been pushing that meme for 50 years now. A few years back finally official sources have toned down the saturated fat message and just last year I think it was they said "saturated fat is no longer a food of concern". So no big announcements. Just a little obscure message of "oops".

But many many sites still vilify saturated fat. Took 40 or more years of wrong information, ten years to refute it, another ten years to finally admit it from an official source. It likely will take another ten years before it becomes mainstream. Just the way the world works. The early adopters will gain the benefit from the knowledge, the rest of the world will be dragged along kicking and screaming some time later.

I suspect it will take a new generation of doctors and nutritionists to finally make the changes. The old guys have way too much embarrasement to ever admit they have been wrong for 50 years.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)