AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Diabetes?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 3/21/2021 10:37 (#8906659 - in reply to #8906316)
Subject: my story from three years ago

Pittsburg, Kansas
I have been off insulin and diabetic drugs for about three years now after being diabetic for around 30 years. Here is my story I told about my journey a couple of years ago. Since that post I and others have posted links and discussed our successes and failures along the way.

After three years I am still at a BMI of about 22-23, off all insulin and diabetic drugs. I am not "cured" but am in remission. My morning fasting blood sugar is still higher than I would like it to be at around 125-130 but my after meals is excellent at 120-150 and usually in the middle of those extremes.

Every once in a while I will eat a slightly higher carb meal as an expirement and my blood sugar levels will reflect it. This indicates to me my pancrease beta cells are still not in the condition I want them to be. Being diabetic for many years prior, they may never get better than they currently are. We shall see.

But for me, going on a low carb high fat diet (in my case low enough carbs to be a ketogenic diet) gave me my life back. I'm now doing things activity wise easily that I could not have done a little over 3 years ago.

https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=873743&mid=769...

Edited by John Burns 3/21/2021 10:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)