AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CDL for farm trucks............??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

wheat farmer
Posted 4/30/2009 23:22 (#699161 - in reply to #698925)
Subject: Re: CDL for farm trucks............??

Hey, I'm calm, I'm just tired of every KHP district having a different interpretation for what should be a pretty simple statute.  Your being stopped is just another point to the issue.  As you read 8-234b it is obviously clear farm trucks are not subject to his "interpreted" requirement.  I would not argue with him, but I would request that he cite the statute I am being ticketed for violating so I could prepare the defense for traffic court.

Part of the problem with the "Kansas farmers operating Commercial Motor Vehicles" is that by definition a farm truck or farm tractor and trailer are not CMVs.  I believe that is what the KFB and legislators jumped in the fuss about when the powers that be tried to instigate policy changes concerning farm vehicles. 

I know you are in one of the areas where KHP and Truck Inspection officers can be real male appendages.  You have my utmost sympathy in that respect.  I have sat in KDOT meetings on CMVs and know they try to push above and beyond state statutes as much as they can.  KCC, DOT and EPA do the same.  The only time it pays to call them on it is after the citation is issued.  And yes, with all of them, you can win in a court of law.  OH, and I am still relaxed.  Just spreading some thoughts, or manure, depending on how you take it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)