AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LOOKING FOR HELP/ADVICE
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

robertr940
Posted 3/1/2021 15:00 (#8866165)
Subject: LOOKING FOR HELP/ADVICE

We have always sold our crops after harvest usually after the first of the next year and my dad usually handles all the marketing. We do not do any puts, calls, options, hedging, etc. He wanted me to learn how to maybe help with the price of corn or soybeans as this is all we grow by learning commodity trading tactics. Can any of you tell me if this is helpful in getting a good price for your crops or not. Looking back for example we sold our soybeans to cheap but didn't know the market was going up like it did would have been nice to sell the soybeans and then buy some kind of "insurance" if they went up over a certain point the market would have started paying us the difference. This is just one scenario we were looking at. Excuse my ignorance just trying to see if learning this is feasible and where to learn at is the main thing. Finding information on stock market is no problem but a lot of people in my area that are good with stocks don't know a thing about commodity trading. Thanks for any help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)