AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag leader versa monitor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/1/2021 07:09 (#8865297 - in reply to #8865079)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader Versa Display

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The above is correct. I have done this type of thing for many years.

You mention moving it to the planter tractor. You would need to make a decision about GPS. The GPS could be moved from the combine to the tractor. Depending on what you want to do with the tractor and planter it may be adequate. If so, getting another cable would likely be worthwhile. That way the Versa and the GPS might be the only things that needed to be moved. The combine and the tractor would each have their own set of cables.

If the only thing you plan on using the Versa for in the planter is for making variety maps you can do that without any extra modules. If you wanted to use the Versa for steering the tractor then you need some other modules, cables, steering valve etc. as well as possibly a higher priced GPS. If you wish to do other things with the planter, then other modules are needed.

A lot depends on what you have for a GPS in the combine and what your intention is with the planter. There are many possibilities. The Versa will limit some of those possibilities since some are only available with the more expensive Ag Leader displays such as the Integra or InCommand 1200.

Edited by tedbear 3/1/2021 07:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)