AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How many price list's do input supplier's have ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NebCorn
Posted 2/25/2021 12:11 (#8857413 - in reply to #8854582)
Subject: RE: How many price list's do input supplier's have ?

SE Nebraska
I managed some independent retail locations earlier in life, and yes, price does vary. If you were prepaying in December, I basically had two prices, you spray it, apply it, pick it up, do the work, then you got a cheaper price than someone that needed it applied, delivered, etc. In season, the guys that were nice got a better price. If you didn't make me split bill 1 gallon of 2,4-D 7 ways, you got a better price. If you did all your business with me, better price. The guys that price shopped me all winter, then bought from a tin shed 100 miles away, those guys paid through the nose if they needed anything. I valued loyalty. It was easier to take care of the customers I had than try and find new ones every year. There were farmers that were rude to my help, they paid extra. If you had crappy, cut up, little fields that you could have made better by pulling some fence but didn't, you paid more. If you needed a couple extra weeks on a bill until you got corn delivered or sold cattle, no worries, as long as you told me asap. Basically, if you were a decent human being I'd treat you fair.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)