AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for some feedback on our youtube channel
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ShorebillyFarmer
Posted 2/23/2021 07:47 (#8852537 - in reply to #8852047)
Subject: RE: Looking for some feedback on our youtube channel

Delmarva
john holland - 2/22/2021 22:34

I enjoy watching working people on youtube. Farmers, machinists, tree arborists, cnc machinery, earthmoving, etc. Some things that seem to help channels be successful:
Be positive and wholesome. If your having an ornery day, just don't film that day. It helps a lot if you are friendly, funny, outgoing, and happy.
Make lots of videos and be reliable. Once a week is the bare minimum if you want to get sponsors and make it successful. You can have slow times once you are established, but its better to be consistent when growing.
You are better making a simple video once a week than slaving over a long, carefully edited video once a month. Letsdig18 basically just mounts a camera over his shoulder and you watch him run an excavator. Others pay outside companies for fancy editing and music, and I don't think it adds much.
Clickbait titles work. It is ****ty, but the numbers don't lie. Wranglerstar has a huge channel based almost entirely on clickbait titles. I don't think I've seen that guy do anything that I was impressed by but people watch his videos for the clickbait and think he is some kind of expert.
It helps to be on other social media like Instagram posting photos and updates almost daily. If people get invested in your story, they will watch every video and comment and buy merchandise. It can get carried away and you can lose privacy if you aren't careful.

Its funny you mention lets dig. I watch him when Im in the office and can only half pay attention to the TV. I tried a couple click baity kinda of titles, but maybe I need to step that up a bit. I just didnt want the channel to seem to gimmicky. I released a video last night and used a different style of thumb nail than I have been using.

We have a Shorebilly Farmer facebook page and instagram, but I am not as active on those as I should be.

Thank you for the tips!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)