AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Max Yield/New Coop “unification” study
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

wildcat1
Posted 2/21/2021 22:24 (#8850089 - in reply to #8848691)
Subject: RE: Max Yield/New Coop “unification” study

South Central Kansas
BR1089 - 2/21/2021 12:57

My favorite part is the constant letters they send out saying they're doing a study to see if it will benefit us. We all know it's going to happen. I love the letter that says we are both doing well financially, then why merge? If all this was done in the farmers best interest then having multiple coops that can compete against each other would seem the best.

The local Coop I do the most business with did the same thing three years ago. Sent out letters, meeting held, one general manager was going to retire, the GM of our coop would be the GM of the new joint Coop. They also announced that they paid a consultant $250,000 to tell us this would be a great deal.

Several I talked to figured it would be a good deal, but we didn't like the $250,000 spent on something that could have been done in an afternoon with a calculator. Also didn't like that the GM of one Coop would just slide right into the new position, at a big raise of course. Lots of rumbling especially amongst the older members.

Long story short, it went down almost two to one, no one seemed to be surprised but the GM.

I really think this would work, especially since several of the locations are interspersed with each other. Several of us thought the board should take applications for the new GM. Both Coops are in good shape at this time and should remain so for the foreseeable future.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)