AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Holland square bale throwers- 70 vs 75
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

RickB
Posted 2/17/2021 16:10 (#8839998 - in reply to #8839899)
Subject: RE: New Holland square bale throwers- 70 vs 75

Lincoln County. NC
I think you will find both the 75 and 77 kickers predate the Deere Model 40. Parts are almost all directly interchangeable and all but certainly NLA with red paint on them. I never owned either but I wrenched on NH balers for 15+ years and always dreaded calls on pan kickers. Mainly because they were almost all worn out sloppy junk by the time I came along. Anything that reacts that fast and needs to be adjusted with feeler gauges can't be a good idea. I have a good friend who posts here that absolutely wore out a 316 with 75 kicker. He never really had too much bad to say about the kicker until they bought a 570 with a 72 thrower. Then he figured out the difference.
One of the reasons NH discontinued the 77 was the fact that it simply could not keep up with a 575 running at capacity.
I don't agree with your simplicity comment, but that strictly depends on one's point of view.
Other than a few years worth of Chinese bearings and undersized roll shafts that the 72 was blessed with a 72 or hydraulic drive 70 are both very durable throwers.

Edited by RickB 2/17/2021 16:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)