AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yield monitor and planter capability
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ljadx160
Posted 2/13/2021 16:16 (#8829774 - in reply to #8828540)
Subject: RE: Yield monitor and planter capability

North Central Iowa
There's no simple answer. The Case AFS might be able to be replaced pretty easily with an Ag Leader YM2000, PF3000, or PFAdvantage as I think the Case AFS was just a Case branded YM2000 (depending on model, might need an adapter cable). So all the yield sensors are compatible. Any newer Ag Leader monitor that is capable of operating as a yield monitor (and potentially for planter clutch control) requires CAN Bus sensors, so you'd changing out all the sensors on the combine used for yield monitoring. I'm not aware of anyone else's screen that would work with the older Ag Leader sensors either. It could be possible that a PF Advantage could conceivably operate planter clutches, but even if technically possible, I wouldn't recommended it.

The Trimble 500 can be used to export NMEA gps coordinates to a yield monitor. I use one in my combine to send the coordinates to my PF Advantage for mapping after my Ag Leader GPS on the combine quit working.

Only Trimble monitors/receives work w/ EZ Steer (except some old Ag Leader devices that were just branded Trimble; an Ag Leader or Case branded EZ Guide 500). So no real "combining" of the 2 systems. The Trimble EZ Guide 500 can run clutches with the addition of a Trimble EZ-boom (also branded by Ag Leader for awhile).

To go to one "system" for yield monitoring and planter control/clutches, you'll likely be ditching all of at least one system or maybe even starting over entirely.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)