AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yield monitor and planter capability
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

BobNESD
Posted 2/13/2021 23:15 (#8830568 - in reply to #8830471)
Subject: RE: Yield monitor and planter capability

Don't know how much you want to spend, but for new stuff you would go with either a InCommand 800 or 1200 display, which are about $2,600 or $5,500. You could look on AgLeaders website, for the differences, but I think the 800 doesn't come with auto swath unlocked but the 1200 does. The 1200 also has split screen abilities. If you want to, you could get a used Integra display for about $3,000, that's what I've used since 2012. If you got a new display, you could use the new Steady Steer electric steering, and move it easily between your tractor and combine. A new Steady Steer kit is about $4,800. Or you could find a used Ontrac 2+ or 3, but keep in mind, the new Steady Steer can only be run by the new InCommand displays. I really like just having the one display in my cab doing everything, steering, variety mapping, controlling population, advanced seed monitoring, then when I harvest, the combine knows what variety it's on and maps yields for each one. If you want to do planter population monitoring, hyd down force, or variety tracking you would have to have either the Integra or 1200 displays. I don't think the Integra can do hyd down-force though.I don't know for sure how much it would cost to set up row shut-offs, depending on what type of system you go with or what planter you have. On my White planter, my Integra controls the factory electric clutches that are on each rows cable drive. You would also need lots of cables and harnesses which add up quickly, a seed monitor module, a section control module for row shut-offs. For a few years, I also used my Integra to control a liquid fertilizer system on my old planter. It really is a nice way to go, you can do as much or as little as you want with it, you can keep adding things over time if you can't afford it all at once.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)