AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fmx a-b lines moved??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Dirtfarmer1000
Posted 2/10/2021 08:54 (#8821201 - in reply to #8820232)
Subject: RE: Fmx a-b lines moved??

Alberta
cornman99 - 2/9/2021 19:31

My base is AgGPS 542. I did not record any coordinates, I assumed if I returned to same spot nothing would move.

Only if you saved your base. I always named my bases when I made a new base so I could pull them up again when I came back to the field. I believe When the 542 pulls in base coordinates, Its position in the world is no more accurate than waas. What makes RTK work and so precise is that the 542 records that position and those coordinates never change as the base does not move like waas satellites. It is using that stationary position to tell you tractor where it is in the world, even though that stationary position of the base is not surveyed to its actual lace in the world. If you move that base, and your base "name" or "coordianates" were not saved, when you come back, it has to pull in a new set of coordinates from the waas satellites. As with using waas on equipment, the coordinates will be close, but not within an inch to its actual place in the world. This is why if you have a permanent base, the safest thing is a survey and no matter what happens, your equipment gets blown out by lighting or quits for some other reason, you have actual coordinates to plug into a new base if need be and you will never loose any lines.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)