AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight -Seed sensor,Clutch control..Help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/26/2009 11:15 (#693291 - in reply to #693115)
Subject: RE: Insight -Seed sensor,Clutch control..Help

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
You must have one of the Clutch Control modules from the first year.

As you have stated, someone basically forgot to engineer in an implement switch connector. The solution around this was to use a Tee in the Green connector going to the Auxiliary Input module. This Tee rerouted the Master switch out to an implement switch and then back to the module.

That meant that when the implement was raised, the effect was the same as if the operator flipped the Master Off (The original Master and the implement switch were wired in series).

This worked fine as long as the Clutch Control Module was the only seed module being used. The clutches would be disengaged whenever the planter was raised to correctly stop the logging.

We have a customer who was in that situation and added the Stepper Module this year to use the Rawson drive and continue to use his Clutches. He had some problems trying to make his old Clutch Control Module coexist with the Stepper Module.

Tech support indicated that he needed the newer Clutch control module for this combination to work.

He traded in his old module for a new one and I believe things are working for him. It is not possible to actually upgrade a module - it is swapped for the newer style. Apparently Ag Leader does offer some help for those who need to upgrade.

I believe the situation with the Seed Tube Monitoring Module would be the same.

Note: the firmware revisions for the newer Clutch Control modules do not pertain to the older ones. There is no firmware update for the older modules.

Edited by tedbear 4/26/2009 11:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)