AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

460 New holland round baler
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Lost1
Posted 1/29/2021 19:50 (#8792548 - in reply to #8790577)
Subject: RE: 460 New holland round baler

Great machines crop cutter will slow capacity but cut material more than bale slice. Bale slice it just stationary knives the bale rotates around to get cut then retract when wrapping. Those can be turned off when not wanted to be used. Great machines for sure. Demoed one last summer and a 460 will replace my 560 when money allows. Selling hay and straw the 4 foot bales haul nice vs 5foot wide bales. I could get the 460 to make bales that weighed withing 200lbs of the 560 which I attribute to narrower bale. The rb series really are an upgrade over the br series. Rotary stuffer feeds very nicely and is going to outlast the old fork design big time. I like the front wrap so you can see what's going on plus with the duck bill there's no belts to carry wrap etc. My main complaint is belt lacing with the standard lacing it just doesn't last long with stalks especially. I wish the door was a little faster opening I have a neighbor who messed with his (a valve of some sort) and it only closed super fast. Have 8,000 and some bales on the 560 and it's been great.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)