AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ez guide 500
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/25/2009 08:08 (#692259 - in reply to #692158)
Subject: Re: ez guide 500

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Having worked with several lightbar systems, I would agree with all the above posts.

For a few years, I tried using a Raven lightbar for applying NH3. I found that is was simply much easier to do it the "old" way of letting my senses adjust my driving without conscious thought of "chasing the lights".

Apparently this is different for different people. I was just talking to a neighbor at the Pub last night after getting rained out. He has a lightbar but no assisted steering.

He said his daughter, the hired hand and he himself get along very well with this setup. I indicated to him that he really needs to try EZ-Steer this Fall.

I used to fly small planes and almost got my Instrument Rating. Farming with a lightbar only reminded me of "flying under the hood". For those who are unfamiliar - Flying under the hood means that you wear a cap like hood on your head when practicing to block off outside references which force you to fly by the instruments.

You do this for practice in good weather (an Instructor is always present in the other seat). I could do it but never got proficient enough that I would want to do this for a long period of time. It was always a relief for me to take off the hood and fly by natural instincts.

I view farming by the lightbar only in this same category.

This is not to say that I think a lightbar is useless. I have used my Raven Lightbar in a spray situation for several years with my old sprayer and now my 4720. The light bar helps get me on the correct rows and complements the Insight onscreen display. I would really hate to spray without them both.

Edited by tedbear 4/25/2009 08:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)