AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag leader and row rums?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/21/2021 08:33 (#8768934 - in reply to #8768228)
Subject: RE: Ag leader and row rums?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yes, I do that. I use my Ag Leader InCommand 1200 to work with several things on my Deere 1770NT planter. As far as seed goes, I have a STTM (Seed Tube Monitoring Module) that connects to the Deere harness in place of the Computer Track 350 that the planter came with. This monitors my seed for population, skips, doubles etc. I have a Clutch Control Module that works with section control for the planting units. It is set up as 12 - 2 row sections. I do not have hydraulic drive so the planter continues to use the small tire assemblies for driving each half.

I use an Ag Leader Application Rate Module to monitor (but not control) my starter fertilizer which uses a ground driven piston pump.

I use an Ag Leader Liquid Product Control Module to monitor/control pre-emerge spray on the planter. The spray is split into four sections so auto swath handles sections control for both seed in 12 sections and spray in 4 sections.

I have done the above for several years. Two years ago I purchased a used ISO module that can monitor and control downforce. I use 6 weigh bars with two on each wing and two on the center sections on selected rows. My idea was to monitor my current down force and use the readings to set my manual springs and some day maybe get hydraulic down force for the entire planter.

The InCommand handles all this well including steering the tractor. It did require running wiring from the weigh bar rows to the Module and also from the module to the tractor.

What I found surprised me. According to the readings I'm receiving I have excessive down force already and don't need supplemental down force. If anything I need up force. I reduced the tension on my springs and have continued to plant without supplemental down force or up force. This is likely due to very conventional tillage coupled with fairly heavy residue managers on each row unit.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)