AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag leader and row rums?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/23/2021 06:00 (#8773849 - in reply to #8772958)
Subject: RE: Ag leader and row rums?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
My weigh bar setup is all Ag Leader so none of the wiring involved is anything John Deere. I bought a used 8 channel Ag Leader ISO module from an Ag Leader dealer in Iowa. I mounted it in the rear center of the 1770NT planter. I got connecting cables and weigh bar assemblies from my local Ag Leader dealer.

An ISO cable runs around the fold points and up one of my side brace arms and eventually gets to the front of the planter. There are CAN wires from the Module to the various weigh bar assemblies. I have 2 on each wing and 2 on my center section of my 24 row 1770NT. This is a separate CAN system not to be confused with the other CAN system Ag Leader is using with my Population, Clutch Control and Liquid modules. The weigh bar CAN system uses a different style of connectors and needs its own terminators etc.

The ISO hookup to the tractor was rather confusing. My Deere 8310R has a factory ISO connector on it. The cable from the ISO Ag Leader module uses that same connector so the planter cable would mate with the tractor BUT that would connect to the tractor's CAN bus. Instead I needed it to go to my Ag Leader InCommand 1200. To do this, I purchased what is sometimes referred to as an Ag Leader "Hijack" adapter cable. This cable connects the original connector that came with the tractor to connect to the InCommand display cable instead of going to the tractors CAN as it did originally.

It "Hijacks" the existing connector so it can be used to get the ISO information to the Ag Leader display rather than the tractor. I believe there would have been another cheaper way to connect at the hitch without using the Hijack cable but once I realized that, I already had the Hijack diversion. so I just used it.

Edited by tedbear 1/23/2021 06:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)