AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can an ag leader app rate module be used at the same time as a dry module
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

nhermanson
Posted 1/21/2021 17:55 (#8770079 - in reply to #8769630)
Subject: RE: My attempts failed

Central, IA
That was my assumption, which is why I asked the question. I've never had an app rate module to try.

I have an idea on a solution, but figured the app rate module would be easier and cleaner. Actually the easiest, would be a firmware update that would allow the implement switch input on the strip till module to log tillage coverage regardless of the status of the meter circuit.

It is a twin bin strip till bar, but I've always had everything pre blended and put the same product in both bins. I just switch back and forth between the bins periodically. When VRT applying, I don't have an accurate acre count or map of where I did tillage, but no fertilizer. Some years, we just do tillage without the fertilizer.

My solution will probably be to connect an automotive flasher triggered by an implement switch to a relay. I'll use that relay to switch the meter circuit input on channel 3. I'll probably have to run that channel on manual so I don't get any warnings. I suppose I could also use the gps radar output for the pulse source as that would be proportional to speed. I'll load that channel with some fake product that I'll be able to map in SMS.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)