AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can an ag leader app rate module be used at the same time as a dry module
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/21/2021 14:02 (#8769630 - in reply to #8767395)
Subject: My attempts failed

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
If I understand the situation, the rig has a Strip-till module applying at a variable rate. When the rate drops to zero there is no applied map. I've never done this but apparently the coverage map shuts off also. The thought is to add an Application Rate Module triggered by an implement switch that would produce a complete coverage map since tillage is being done even when the applied rate is zero.

I happen to have my InCommand 1200 in the office for some other testing so I tried creating a configuration to do this. I can set up a configuration for the rig and then choose granular and after that chose Strip-till. This works as expected. At that point my configuration would be like the OP's I believe.

I can add more to the configuration but the addition is another product either liquid or granular, NOT tillage. It appears that the expectation is this extra product is either liquid or granular, and has a shaft sensor or flow meter as an input to the Application Rate Module.

This is what I do with my corn planter where spray is monitored and controlled with a Liquid Product Control Module and Starter fertilizer is monitored only with an Application Rate module. That works fine and I get a map for each product as well as my seed, down force etc.

The Application Rate Module can work off of an implement switch without a shaft sensor or flow meter for Tillage only situations but I don't see a way to have it work that way when Application is chosen. It appears that if Application is chosen then a flow meter or shaft sensor is expected and the logging is based on it.

I even tried creating a fake second implement thinking that then the first real implement would be set up with the Strip-till module and the second fake implement just coverage with the App Rate module controlling a tillage" map. I was not successful with that approach either.

Maybe this can be done but I wasn't successful with my attempts.

Edited by tedbear 1/21/2021 14:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)