AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Starting over with new GPS/RTK questions??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ethanjdougherty
Posted 1/18/2021 19:57 (#8762397)
Subject: Starting over with new GPS/RTK questions??

Indianapolis
Id like some opinions on what to do for autosteer/rtk.

To start, I have equipment of pretty much every mainstream brand. I’ve got equipment from about 5 years old to the 1990’s. none of the gps stuff matches on the ones with some sort of steering. On my stuff with autosteer it’s waas only and I’d like to get more accurate.

My dealer is recommending AgLeader InCommand 1200 with digifarm for rtk. And applying this to all my machines. I’ve read mixed reviews of digifarm here. How well does it work and is it the most accurate?

How good is the repeatability? is the accuracy with RTK good enough to cultivate 30 inch rows with? I am assuming no but would like to hear. Seems like the dealer says yes but people with experience says no. I am currently looking at guided hitches with camera steering so I guess it could be off 6 or more inches and not be of too much concern.

Another thing to consider is we farm in 2 areas, about 80 miles apart. One farm is by the city the other is in a rural area. All the farms are grouped pretty well together, per location.

My planter is controlled with another brand of monitor, as my sprayer is also steered and controlled with another brand of monitor yet.

I can see the advantage of having everything AgLeader but in the case I don’t want to control my planter with AgLeader is there really much of an advantage to this setup than another brand?

I’m open to hearing all options and opinions. My newer equipment is not green, basically every color but green, but my old non autosteer ready ones are green.

I do not have much experience in this area other than with standard Trimble cfx750 and pro 700 and raven viper.
If anyone thinks this is a good idea to switch to AL or if it is something I should stay away from your input is appreciated!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)