AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Starting over with new GPS/RTK questions??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 1/19/2021 18:44 (#8764770 - in reply to #8764659)
Subject: RE: Starting over with new GPS/RTK questions??

East Central, Nebraska
though i like and support digifarm, digifarm is an RTK company. Any RTK should be RTK sub inch accuracy. some of these people use state supplied rtk networks and have good luck with them. i have never had that option in my state. so to answer your question a good rtk network should be as accurate as the best rtk network. Digifarm works with about any color which is hard to find in an RTK network. What color of machine you put digifarm in should also not matter.

As i stated before i feel like trimble autopilot systems are hard to beat as they react awesome but i agleader has come a long ways also and reacts just as well in the same equipment as i would assume other brands do. and with all the other stuff you want to do agleader is a great choice. what will always make agleader better in my mind is the fact that you can call into them for support and they have a great website for resources where trimble has less of the resources and typically requires a good dealer to troubleshoot about anything that needs to be done. also AL has a nice cloud based data service with a great app for your phone or tablet to manage data. i believe they also have one of the best data mangement softwares out there. they proclaim to have a complete solution and i cannot think of anything they are missing except for their own in house implement guidance solution.

as for the end of the post, once again rtk from whatever source is the top of the guidance accuracy options, then the different levels of satellite services. rtx is trimbles and terrastar is agleaders. rtx has centerpoint rtx fast as the next thing under rtk, then it goes to centerpoint rtx standard, both have the same accuracy but cost a little less than one another i believe and require different unlocks on the gps reciever, next for trimble is rangepoint rtx which costs less but is less accurate then the standard no unlock, free waas service.

agleader has terrastar under rtk, which the first one is terrastar x, then a couple other terrastar letters that i am unsure of and then waas.

the benefit of using trimble over agleader when using rtk is that when you lose an rtk signal with trimble it reverts to an rtx like service called xfill where agleader appears to just go to waas from what i have seen which makes a mess sometimes. i think that can be huge in some situations.

Edited by caseihfarmer 1/19/2021 18:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)