AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ez-Steer Remote Control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/17/2006 06:37 (#62605 - in reply to #62553)
Subject: RE: Ez-Steer Remote Control

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yes, the Remote has 6 buttons. All the setup menus and Engage/Disengage can be accomplished via the button box.

There is a button with an Arrow pointing to the left and a button with an Arrow pointing to the right. These are the Nudge buttons. Pushing one of these will Nudge the line left or right by the amount set in the setup Nudge menu. I generally have mine set at 1". The nudge can be increased or decreased by repeatedly pushing a Nudge key.

The nudge is remembered at the end of a pass and stays in effect for the return pass. For example, if I nudged my unit 3" to the left heading West, the display will indicate a 3" left nudge. When I turn around and head East, this nudge amount is still in effect and the display will indicate a 3" right nudge.

This Spring, my remote box was sitting loose in the cup holder, this Fall it got mounted at an angle on the right side of Command Arm. It with easily attached using some good quality velcro. This was a much better arrangement especially for using the Nudge buttons.

The Remote box is handy in that pushing a dedicated button causes the system to jump from a current menu item to the intended action. For example, suppose you were Engaged and the screen said "OK = Disengage". Suppose you wanted to Nudge Left. Without the button box you would need to move the menu selection towards the top of the list to the left pointing icon. Then the screen would say "OK = Nudge Left". Pushing OK would cause a Nudge to the left.

With the button box most of these steps are unnecessary. With the same situation as above all that would be necessary is to push the Left Nudge button.

Likewise if you have gone to some other menu and you wish to Engage, you merely push the Engage button (the button with the steering wheel icon) and Engagement occurs.

Once the ability to use a remote engage switch became available (V 4), I thought that the button box would become unnecessary since Engagement can be accomplished by use of a remote switch. Having run the EZ-Steer this Fall, I have changed my mind and would recommend the Remote box.

For those who may be confused, it is now possible to Engage three different ways. You can always use the OK button on the EZ-Guide display, you could use the Engage button on the Optional Remote button box or more recently it is possible to utilize a remote engage switch which plugs into the 25 Pin port on the T2 unit.

This newest switch could be any type of momentary switch. Depending on the situation and operator preference, this could be a foot operated switch, a momentary toggle or rocker type.

The 25 Pin connector also has alarm out pins. This means that an additional external alarm can be added if desired. My Coworker has created an alarm box which has a switch so that the Alarm can be either an LED or louder audible alarm. Again this give the operator more choices. The alarm box attaches to the 25 pin connector and has a connection on it for the external Engage switch.

Utilizing this alarm box with external Engage switch does not cause problems with using the Remote button box described above. In my case, I have both the alarm box and the Remote button box. I do not have an external switch attached to the alarm box although I could. My personal preference on the tillage tractor is to use the Engage button on the button box.

Edited by tedbear 11/17/2006 06:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)