AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ez-Steer Remote Control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/18/2006 10:45 (#63051 - in reply to #63025)
Subject: RE: Ez-Steer Remote Control

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I too am unhappy with the difficulty in getting the heading set for the A+ line.

I am unsure why the designers thought that it was necessary to have the heading with two decimal places of accuracy.

If I'm striking out for tillage I might use 5 degrees or 6 degrees off the rows but never would need a heading of say 5.32 degrees.

As others have stated, the rate of change of the heading displayed "revs up" as you hold the up or down key and it is difficult to avoid shooting past the heading desired.

I would much prefer that the heading would change in 1 degree increments and not "rev up". A similiar "rev up" scheme is used on some settings for the Ag Leader Yield monitors, there again it is difficult to stop on the desired number without going way beyond.

I found a trick by chance that is sometimes helpful. The reciprocal of the heading desired will work just as well as the heading itself. For example I had used a heading of 275 degrees on a field. When I went to the next field my first pass would be in an Easterly direction and I decided to use 5 degrees off of straight East or 95 degrees. I dreaded trying to get the display changed from 275 to 95 degrees. I just struck out, picked the A point and the system picked a B point on the heading that I had in mind. Apparently if your heading is more than 180 degrees off of the heading value set in the A+ setup menu, the reciprocal is used.

Other than that I'm satisfied with the menu structure, once you know what you are trying to accomplish. Part of the problem with something new is that often you don't know what you want to change let alone how to change it.

Edited by tedbear 11/18/2006 11:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)