AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just a friendly warning for anyone using CFL style bulbs.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 1/13/2021 08:05 (#8747362)
Subject: Just a friendly warning for anyone using CFL style bulbs.

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
I’ve got a good friend down here in AZ that worked for as a REC lineman his whole career retiring as the supervisor for all of lineman in the company. He was at our place recently and he noticed I had some CFL bulbs in some of our light fixtures. He was very adamant about me throwing them out. He said they have a very high failure rate. He said the problem is they will short out at the base of the tubes and throw a flame causing a potential fire.

I replaced 12 of these styles of CFL bulbs yesterday and 3 of them had the burnt look as the one shown. I know for a fact back home in IA in the past I’ve replaced some of these in my hog confinement’s that the glass bulb was actually burnt through. Unfortuntly I replaced them with the same style. They will all be replaced with LED lights also shown here. Something to think about if you are using them. Mine all went into the garbage.

(A16B9349-E7A6-48EC-A8B3-BEC7B578510E (full).jpeg)

(05AFCCF0-04DA-4B7D-A8B7-E3B6D8C124F0 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments A16B9349-E7A6-48EC-A8B3-BEC7B578510E (full).jpeg (70KB - 33 downloads)
Attachments 05AFCCF0-04DA-4B7D-A8B7-E3B6D8C124F0 (full).jpeg (98KB - 46 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)